Business and Commercial
Who is your business lawyer?
We get small business, because we are a small business.
We get to know you and your business so we can understand what you do, why you do it and how you do it. This allows us to see what you need and what you want and it lets us fix issues before they become problems.
For us prevention is better than cure. We focus on risk management, relationship management and governance.
We aim to be the kind of business lawyer that we would want to hire. We provide tailored services to established businesses and start-ups.
Our services cover
- structuring your business
- decision making in your business
- rural / farm business issues
- farm or business succession planning
- relationships between co-owners
- rural and commercial leasing
- risk management
- buying and selling businesses and assets
- intellectual property
- contract review and preparation
There are 3 ways that you can engage us.
1. Specific projects. It might be a specific transaction, advice on a standalone issue or preparing or reviewing a contract.
2. Legal department / retainer. When you engage us as your legal department or on a retainer, we are available all the time to assist with your legal needs. This deeper involvement with you means we can provide higher value and more strategic advice and assistance.
3. Hybrid. We can tailor an engagement with a mix of project work and a limited retainer, to meet your legal needs and budget.
Whichever way you engage us, we will give you a quote up front so you will have price certainty.